Author Topic: BFST Vs Heating Pad  (Read 24526 times)

boxcraft1942

• View Profile
BFST Vs Heating Pad
« on: June 01, 2015, 09:38:52 PM »
Hi: I'm just curious to know what the difference is between the BFST and KB Basics Heating Pad? I have Patellar Subluxation - and my doctor recommended Physical Therapy, I was wondering whether this would help as well - and what the difference would be between the two product.

Thanks,
Michelle

Amber

• King Brand
    • View Profile
Re: BFST Vs Heating Pad
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2015, 08:52:07 AM »
Hi Michelle and thank you for your interest.

The BFST and ColdCure are registered medical devices whereas the KB Basics are consumer grade.The Basics Heating wrap is a heating pad that contains an infrared heating element in order to soothe and relax the targeted area. The BFST (Blood Flow Stimulation Therapy) on the other hand, is a diathermic device designed to stimulate blood flow via Electro Magnetic Energy. The BFST is designed to heal soft tissue injuries.

In regards to Patellar Subluxation, the treatment itself will not prevent the knee cap/patella from sliding, but it will help heal the surrounding tendons and ligaments that have been affected (which is what typically causes the pain and discomfort).

If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,
Amber
1-844-400-2525

mickeyflex

• View Profile
Re: BFST Vs Heating Pad
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2015, 05:25:07 PM »
Hi Michelle,

I dealt with plantar fasciitis for several months using a regular ice pack and heating pad before ordering the cold and BFST wraps. There was no comparison. Not only did King Brand's products work far better than the others, the fact that the wraps were like shoes on my feet, I think the treatment had a greater amount of direct contact with my feet than the other ones. I bet there was also less cold/heat loss as well since I was wearing them.

Best of luck!!

Dave